Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Back in the swing of things!

Hello! I'm so sorry that I haven't posted any pictures in over a week....I will try not to let that happen again :)

Here is the card and tip for the day:















The card base is square (5 1/2 x 11) in Soft Sky. My bottom panel is a piece from the Wintergreen Design Series Paper. (love it!) On the top of that I cut a piece of Old Olive card stock and wrapped a piece of Certainly Celery 1/4" Grosgrain Ribbon and tied that on a simple knot. The snowflakes from Season of Joy on the right are stamped in Always Artichoke and punched with the 1 1/4" Circle Punch. I pierced the center with the Piercer in the Tool Kit and placed a Gold Brad in the center of those. I mounted them up on Stampin' Dimensionals.



Now for the tip of the day:

This is the main image panel up close....
I stamped the word image from Season of Joy in Whisper White. I inked it up in Soft Sky first and then took my Always Artichoke Stampin' Write Marker and colored over the Soft Sky ink where I wanted the image to be Artichoke. Gave it a little "huff" and stamped.

You can do that with any of your stamps...just remember to ink up your entire image in the lighter color and color in with the darker colors...huff...and stamp.

To finish off that main image, I matted the White on Soft Sky ans that on Always Artichoke. I mounted that on the card...that's it!

I hope you enjoyed that little tip. Let me know what you thought....

Just remember to clean your stamp in between every inking if doing more than one card so the darker colors don't contaminate your lighter ink pad.

Until tomorrow...
Happy Stampin'!

No comments: