Wednesday, October 3, 2007

With Gratitude



I ordered this stamp set, With Gratitude, this fall. I must say that i love it! It makes such pretty cards! I can see this stamp set put onto a pillar candle...gorgeous! Maybe I will have to make one of those tomorrow :)

The card base is Old Olive stamped with the new background stamp-Sanded. I inked up Sanded in Chocolate Chip and then sponged the edges of the base, as well as everything else on this card, with Chocolate Chip. I LOVE the look sponging gives to cards...a little softer than using the daubers - which I love too! I Love too much stuff, I know. :)

The Main Image is stamped with leaves from With Gratitude in Old Olive, Close to Cocoa edged in Chocolate Chip and the "main" leaf was inked up in More Mustard with Pumpkin Pie rolled on the one edge and then "rolled" Ruby red on that same edge of the leaf. I then reinked Sanded in Chocolate Chip and stamped that over the main image. I matted that on Chocolate Chip.

The "With Gratitude" is also in the same stamp set. I stamped in on Old Olive in Chocolate Chip and stamped Sanded over it. I then took my Crop a Dile and punched the larger hole on both ends using the hole punches on the tool. I set Jumbo Antique Brass Eyelets with the Crop a Dile also. Did you know that the Crop a Dile punches holes and sets eyelets and snaps without any noise? This is a must since I am a "nap time stamper" - lol!

Enjoy!

Happy Fall...even though it is in the 80's today!

No comments: