Thursday, October 4, 2007

More Gratitude :)



Here is today's card.

I started with a Close to Cocoa base folded along the top. I then stamped the large maple leaf from With Gratitude in Close to Cocoa in the lower corner for visual interest. I stamped "Happy Thanksgiving" from Holidays and Wishes in Chocolate Chip over that. For the main image, I stamped various leaves from With Gratitude in Really Rust, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive in a random pattern and then sponged with Close to Cocoa on the edges. I wrapped that panel with Natural Twine four times and tied in a simple knot. I matted that on Really Rust and tore the edges and then sponged them with Close to Cocoa.

For the three focal point leaves I stamped one in Ruby Red, Close to Cocoa and Old Olive. I cut them out and then gave them a coat of Crystal Effects. After the coat of Crystal Effects, you will need to set them aside for quite a while to dry. I left mine sit over night. I adhered the Close to Cocoa leaf with SNAIL Adhesive. The Ruby Red leaf is mounted with SNAIL at one end and a Stampin' Dimensional at the other to give it a natural fall. The Old Olive leaf is mounted with a Stampin' Dimensional to give it the most dimension.

Happy Stampin' Y'All!

No comments: