Tuesday, October 9, 2007

A Lovely Buck


I really do like this stamp set...I think deer are so beautiful! I never understood how anybody could shoot them....they are gorgeous! (I'm not trying to be anti hunter...that's for sure...I just think deer are a pretty animal)
I started with an Old Olive base. I stamped the row of pine trees from Noble Deer in Old Olive along the bottom. The panel is More mustard with the pine bough stamp from the same stamp set stamped, stamped randomly in More Mustard. I then took Natural Twine and wrapped it around that panel several times and tied in a simple knot. The main image is the single buck from Noble Deer stamped in Timber Brown Staz-On. I always stamp in Staz-On when I am going to color in an image so the ink won't smear or run with an aquapainter or blender pen. Next I took various colors of Wonder Watercolor Crayons and colored lightly in areas...don't color the image in completely, it is not necessary when using Stampin' Up! Watercolor Crayons. After you have applied color to your image take your Blender Pen and color over the crayon to blend. Color on a piece of scratch paper between colors until the pen colors clear. It will stain dark but will not effect coloring the next color. Continue to blend until you have an image that you like. I matted that main image onto Close to Cocoa.
I did not put a greeting on this card so I could choose one when I need a masculine card. I quite often will leave the greeting off of the card if I think it could be used for more than one reason...I add the greeting when I need it - and there is your card!

No comments: