Monday, October 1, 2007

Turtle Sweet Turtle!

I had a request to post this card on here....here you go Patty! (This is one of my favorite cards too!)



The card base in Chocolate Chip. The larger segment is Old Olive stamped in Old Olive with Print Pattern Background Stamp. Then...tiny tip....to make the diamonds look embossed...take your White Gel Pen and draw a line on one side (the same side) of all of the diamonds. Love that look!


The small segment is Pretty in Pink stamped with the open hole stamp in Itty Bitty Backgrounds in Pretty in Pink. Then I took random holes and colored with my White Gel Pen. The is the best couple of dollars I have spent...I really like that pen!

I then took the Argyle Stamp in All in a Row and stamped the edges of both segments with Chocolate Chip. I absolutely love that look....a sewn look without the sewing machine!

Now for the main image:


I stamped the turtle from Silly Sealife in Timber Brown Staz-On ink. I used Staz-On because I was planning to color the image. It will not smear or run when you get it wet like regular ink.
I used ink from the lid of the Classic Ink Pads to color him in with my Aquapainter.
The colors I used were Certainly Celery, Old Olive, and Pretty in Pink (around the turtle to soften him a little) I then took the tiny dot stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds and stamped all around the edge with Old Olive and Pretty in Pink. That image was matted in Pretty in Pink and that was matted on Old Olive that had its corners punched with the Ticket Corner Punch (another favorite!) and then, finally (lol), that was matted on Chocolate Chip.
The greeting is from Hugs and Wishes and it was stamped in Basic Black.


I hope you enjoy!
Happy Stampin!

No comments: