Monday, March 31, 2008

My Sweet Love......

Hello!!!!



I will start this post with some background that made me get scrappin' again. I have been a scrapper for over 10 years and since I started card making I have done very few scrapbook layouts...so needless to say I am so far behind I may never see the light of day! I did do some scrapbook layouts for the Artisian Award and loved seeing them come to completion. There is something very rewarding scraping your memories and seeing them all layed out on paper. I can't explain it but if you are a scrapper....you know what I mean. So anyhow....



Janet Wakeland, a Stampin' Up! demo four generations above me, has what is called DIVA days once a month for those in her downline that meet certain criteria. She lives across Pennsylvania so I can't really actually attend these meetings. I have earned DIVA status several times before realizing she had DIVA long distance. What this entails on my end is to create a project under the category she provides and email a picture of it and she in turn emails all of the "long distance" DIVAs pictures off all other submissions. clear as mud???? So three months ago I caught on to the long distance thing and joined in. This month's category was anything to do with photos.....a card with photos.....a photo cube......scrapbook layout.....just anything you can use current Stampin' Up! merchandise and incorporate a photo theme.



I thought...I can do this! And it is due tomorrow ( April 1st). So yesterday I went to it. If I don't scrap in chronological order.....it takes me forever to decide which pictures to use. I am so far behind, I didn't scrap my daughter's first Valentine's Day. So I pulled out those pictures and went to it.



I didn't include her pictures on the layout to submit but (I have a thing about her picture being on the web...even though I don't think anything of other's kids online.....I actually look forward to seeing other's children over and over...to know what they are up to and to see how they are growing! I am weird, I know!) I can give you the deets of them. She is in a red dress with a white apron thing over it and I took all of her pictures with a black backdrop so she really pops in the pictures. So my layout colors were predetermined, in my head. Black, red, and white.



Well...after all that.....wanna see them?




Here is a closer look at the page on the left:



Here is a closer look at the right:

Wanna know the deets of them?

Base is basic black. The red horizontal stripe is from Summer Picnic DS Paper in the Occasions Mini. I made the scallops for the border by using my 1 inch circle punch and punching it a bunch of times and adhering it to the back of my red strip. LOVE SCALLOPS!!!!! I stamped the swirl from Baroque Motifs in Whisper White Craft ink and heat set it with my Heat Tool (I'm too impatient to let it dry on it's own....). The hearts scattered on the pages are from the Sticky Cuts Letters (pg 186 in spring cattie), they are shapes cut from the same thing as our sticky strip...love 'em! I covered them with the red chunky essentials glitter (also on page 186). They really sparkle and add alot to these pages in real life!!!!

My journaling block on the left page is stamped with the lined stamp from Live Your Dream in the Occasions mini catalog with real red ink. My journaling was done with my black Stampin' Write Journaler. I matted that onto real red and tied a knot around the end with black gingham ribbon before matting the entire thing onto basic black. All the pictures are matted with 1/4 inch mat of real red and then a 1/8 inch mat of whisper white.

The one picture on the right is for a close up of my little one and I tied a piece of red striped ribbon around it at the bottom. My tag is real red punched with the tag corner punch and slot punch for the ribbon hole. I threaded a piece of red striped ribbon through it and secured it by tying as knot of black gingham ribbon around it. My title is "Sweet Love." The "love" is the jumbo outline alphabet stamped with black staz on ink onto whisper white and I then took my Hobby Knife and them out. The "Sweet" comes from a sentiment "You're so sweet" in the A Perfect Day rub ons in the Occasions Mini Catalog. This is hard to see in the picture but it is there.....trust me. What I did was use my Hobby Knife to cut out the word "Sweet" from the middle of the rub on sheet...keeping the rest of the sheet in tact.

That should about wrap this layout up. Sorry if I bored you with the ramblings with the background that even led to this page...I thought some of you might want to know...or maybe not ;).

Until later....Go stamp!!!!! Or....Go Scrap!!!!

hehehe!!!

No comments: