Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A needed Sympathy....

Hi All! I did get to do some stamping today. yoooohoooooo!!

It felt so good to sit at my desk even though it is heaped to the sky trying to recover from my week's events. My poor space.....I pile stuff everywhere...I can usually find ti all because it is piled on my desk! Not the case this week though...I have lost a brand new roll of ribbon and today....I couldn't find a stamp set! WHAT?!?!?!? I know! one of these weeks, I don't say days because it is more than a day's job, I need to reorganize my goodies!


Anyway....back to my card. My cousin's wife's Grandmother passed away this past week and I wanted to send her a card.
I have been wanting to ink up my Level 2 Hostess Stamp set Infinite Goodness for a while and today would be the day. I got the sketch for it from the online challenge for the day. The bottom image was supposed to be a circle, but I made mine a rectangle....sue me. hehehe!


The card base is always artichoke. My two background panels are stamped with the leaf branch from Infinite Goodness in mellow moss onto mellow moss card stock. I then took my white gel pen to add highlights. I matted both of those onto whisper white. My sentiment "from the heart" is from Holidays and Wishes...I use that stamp sooo much! It was stamped with black staz on using my stamp-a-ma-jig. Before adhering those panels, i laid my 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon in white down and adhered the panels over it. Then I tied a simple knot off set on the right panel.



My main image was the fruit branch from Infinite Goodness stamped with black staz on onto whisper white. Mat that onto close to cocoa and always artichoke. I colored in my branch with a blender pen and my ink pads. Today that branch is a blueberry branch. It could be an orange branch or even apples. I have no idea what it was truly meant to be.....but today, for this card, it is blueberries. lol!

The side was punched with my 1 inch circle punch and I used that "indent" to allow for the ribbon knot.


What do you think? I am pretty pleased with it....very clean lines.....no fuss or muss.....just simply "from the heart."

No comments: