Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Want more tea?

I am coming to you later than normal today, but better late than never, right???? I got my sketch inspiration from today's online sketch challenge. And I had to use my afternoon tea and Live Your Dream set again today. I have to tell you...I have probably 30 sets that aren't even mounted yet and I had to use this set again! I absolutely love these papers!!! Wait until you see what I am planning for next month's stamp camp.......


Anywho......I started with a base of groovy guava and I stamped a few butterflies from Live Your Dream around the top area flying off the card. My background panels are from ...... you guessed it.....Afternoon Tea. Aren't they beautiful??????? I matted both of those in chocolate chip.


Do you see those stitches?????? Well...they are not! They are the argyle stamp from All in a Row. I really like to use this stamp for this purpose....faux stitches.


I stamped my main flower onto confetti white with groovy guava for the flower, wild wasabi for the stems and colored in the centers with my chocolate chip stampin' write marker. You can only barely see the chocolate chip centers around my pearls but I know they are there. I cut out that panel being careful not to cut through the flower on the right hand side. I trimmed around it with my scissors. I matted that onto chocolate chip as well. I adhered that panel to the card with my beloved stampin' dimensionals. I tied a single knot with a scrap of groovy guava double stitched ribbon with the stitches pulled out and adhered that with a stampin' dimensional where the flower stems intersect.


Now for my "pretties." I took out flat backed pearls for the flower centers and my wasabi panel from my pretties kit. (luv that kit!!!) I adhered them with mini glue dots.


I purposely left out the sentiment on the front. I do this quite often so I can stamp an appropriate sentiment in the inside or use it as a note card.

1 comment:

tonistamps said...

THIS, I love!!! I love the colors and just everything about it. Beautiful card Regina.