Friday, March 7, 2008

try this at home!

Here are the new ribbon slides that are in the brand new Styled Silver Hodgepodge Hardware kit in the new Occasions Mini. (If you didn't receive a copy of the Occasions Mini click on the catalog cover at the top left of my blog.)


What I am about to show you will change the way you think of Hodgepodge Hardware. If you are weak at heart, turn your head...things will never be the same. I think it is a change for the better but what do I know? lol! Now mind you...this wasn't my original idea...quite frankly, I'm not sure who originated this idea...but what a genius!


Ok, already! I hear ya! Get on with it!!!!


So...you take your precious metal ribbon slide.....


CAREFULLY fill the flower well with Tombo Mono Multi glue......


Hold with your tweezers, glue side down....again...carfeully....


Dip into your favorite Stampin' Up! Glitter. (I used the Cosmo Glitter in Celery)


Tap off the excess glitter.......


Now is where your patience will be tested.....set it aside for the mono multi to dry.....


and you get this:




Here is a close up of that little slide:



What do you think of that? My Hodgepodge Hardware will be forever violated! Think of the possibilities with the brads that have an image embedded in them in this same very kit.....oh my!!!!!! What is a girl to do????? Glitter all around!


Stay tuned.....I will be posting a preview of the projects from Sunday's Birthday Card Camp. If you haven't registered you can still order kits for the cards. The kits will include all the card stock, pre-cut, and the accessories like ribbon slides, die cut blooms and designer series prints papers! I will provide pictures of my cards and you can stamp them as you would like or follow my design. Talk about freedom, huh? Kits will be $18. Contact me directly to purchase a kit by email : regcorn@zoominternet.net


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, WOW! That is so pretty!

Amy Caraluzzi said...

Great idea! I've seen crystal effects with reinkers doing the same thing but I LOVE the glitter and have been looking for a way to use it that will WOW my clubbers! Thanks!!