Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another Season of Joy

I went to this set again today. I didn't set out to make a "country" themed card...it just sort of evolved as I was working on it. I had to stamp fast. My little one woke up with a high fever this morning and she is sleeping so I thought I would crank out a card real fast. It is sooooo unlike her to nap, let alone sleep all morning so she must not be feeling too good. Poor sweetie! She wanted me to hold her both times she fell asleep....I picked her up, she put her little hand around my neck and went off to dream land. You didn't come here to listen about my mommy moments though...so here is your eye candy for the day:


The card base is riding hood red. I stamped it with twill background stamp with riding hood red ink. I {luv} this background stamp....it really gives a subtle fabric looking texture to plain card stock. Everything is sponged with stamping sponges in basic brown ink, by the way...lol! Basic brown, you ask??? Well...my chocolate chip was in a bag downstairs...I was upstairs...do the math! I wasn't leaving my stamp land to get an ink pad...when basic brown would do just fine...lol!!!
My three panels along the bottom are from holiday treasures designer series paper. I punched it with the 1 1/4 inch square punch and matted it with the 1 3/8 inch square punch in chocolate chip.
My main image panel is whisper white. I stamped the poinsettia flower from season of joy in the center with riding hood red ink and then again on a scrap of whisper white. I cut the flower out on the scrap. I then laid a piece of scrap writing paper over the flower petals and stamped the flourish, also from season of joy, with old olive ink....cute huh? I then stamped my sentiment with basic brown. That entire panel is mounted on stampin dimensionals. ( no surprise there, huh?)
Wanna get a closer look at the flower? I mounted the second flower on stampin dimensionals at an angle. For the flower center, I pulled out my hoarded stampin' up button collection....lol! I used a small round close to cocoa button from the earth elements and neutrals buttons. I tied a knot of linen thread through it before adhering it with a mini glue dot.


I usually try to make the same card to mail out to family and friends...but I think this year, I will mail out mostly different ones. I need to stop hoarding!!!!! lol!!!
How do you send your cards out? Do you mass produce or do you make all different ones?

1 comment:

Kristi-Anna said...

Love the Red Riding Hood card! I'm going to make that one tonite, and mass produce it ;) LOL!

As for me... I used to mass produce, b ut it got boring, fast. So now I made a bunch of different ones up and send them out!