Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I should be saving this....

....but I promised that if I could get into my room...I would share it with you!

Well, since this post is so late today....it is safe to say the hubby didn't get home from work early last night! He didn't get home until 10:00pm! He had to meet with a Caterpillar ( big truck engine) repair man - can't even get into how much trouble he has had with this truck since he got it brand new a year and a half ago.....let's just say we are anxious to get the next new one, hopefully in another year or two at the longest! And when that man was done, he needed to get two new tires on the front end...with the weather they have been having out through the Laurel Highlands, that was a must! So....he got very little sleep last night....I got no stamping done....and we are both cranky! LOL!!!

I could not take it anymore....I snuck upstairs to get to work...of course the little one realized I was missing after about three minutes, so this page spread too way longer than it should have! lol! But anyway, here it is:




The bases are regal rose. The designer series paper is from the Georgia Peach collection. I will get into more detail with the individual pages.


This is the left hand side. These pictures are of my little girl painting her first picture. When I saw the watercolor books....I had to buy them for her! I had been watching out for a craft that we could do together. I love to create with my hands....and I want to share that with her. At the point of these pictures (May 2007) we didn't know how into crafts she would actually be...but let me tell you....she loves to create stuff! That makes me very happy. Creating is a great stress outlet for me and I was so glad to see that she will follow that path, I think.


The scallops along the designer series paper is old olive card stock punched with the slit punch. I wanted bigger scallops than the scallop edge punch could give me...so back to my slit punch! There are flowers stamped and scattered all over the layout. All of the flowers are from Eastern Blooms. I stamped them in pink pirouette, pretty in pink, regal rose and so saffron. I cut them all out and scattered them around. My title used the taffy alphabet. I stamped it with pretty in pink ink onto whisper white card stock. I cut each letter out with my hobby blade and cutting mat. I then adhered them down with my 2 way glue pen.


Here is a closer look at the title and some of the flowers. I used the smaller old olive button, from earth elements buttons, and so saffron buttons, from fresh favorites 2 buttons, for the flower centers. I tied some white crochet thread through the holes before adhering them with mini glue dots. They are mounted to the page at different heights. I did accent the edges of the flowers with glitter - it is hard to see that in the picture though.






Here is the other side. It holds the art piece!
She saw me putting this on the page and she demanded it back! She said..."I didn't finish painting that....Give it to me...I have to finish it!" argh!!!!
I also used the Define Your Life stamp set to stamp the "memories" stamp above the artwork. If you are a scrapper, I think this set is a must! It is wonderful for cards...but for scrapbooking...it is awesome!
I really should have written above a ruler for my journaling....I just went to it....I took no prisoners! That is why it is sooo crooked! I guess maybe I should computer journal more....but I am old school that way. I do some computer journaling, but very little. Someday, my daughter will appreciate my chicken scratch...maybe! lol! I am a stickler about my recipe cards too...they are all hand written. Maybe she will share my love for cooking too. I do love to cook and bake, but I don't do it enough to really mention...lol!!! (just ask my hubby.....)
DON'T FORGET TO CHECK BACK TOMORROW....STAMPIN' UP! IS HAVING A HOLIDAY EXTRAVAGANZA SALE...I CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!!

No comments: