Saturday, November 15, 2008

Scrappin' Saturday 8

It is still Saturday, right??? So this still counts! lol!!! This week has kicked my tuckus...so it felt good to get a scrappin' saturday in, that's for sure!

I'll get right to it.

This is the double page spread. The bases are more mustard. I stamped the grass stamp from Inspired by Nature. This stamp set is so versatile!! I just love it! Anyway, I stamped it with creamy caramel ink. The designer series paper here is from autumn vine.







On this side, I used the slit punch to add scallops to the chocolate layer. It is in pumpkin pie. I really love the scallop edge punch...but sometimes I want a larger scallop...know what I mean? This was one of those times...so I pulled out my slit punch! My journaling block is the Stampin' Up! exclusive die, top note. I cut it with whisper white card stock. After I journaled on it with the chocolate chip stampin' write marker....it looked too stark. So I took my creamy caramel ink and a stampin sponge and just pounced it around the edges to soften it a little. It is hard to see in the pictures, but in real life it makes a big difference. It is one of those things someone would never notice....but if you laid the two side by side...there is a definite difference.

The right hand page was fun to put together. It all sort of evolved really...while I was making the page. Not very often do things go how I have them in my head while scrap booking. I'm not sure why....when I sit down to make a card...mostly it goes exactly how I had it layed out or envisioned...but scrap booking....another story! The three pumpkin elements were so much fun!!! For each one, I cut a square of autumn vine designer series paper for the background. I wanted to pull the chocolate designer series paper from the other side, so that is how I picked the background paper. For each pumpkin I punched five ovals with the small oval punch out of pumpkin pie card stock. I stamped each oval with the small flourish from priceless before sponging all of the edges. The curlies coming out of the top of the pumpkins are cut with the big shot and the swirls scribbles sizzlet. I cut it with sage shadow card stock and pounced the sponge with creamy caramel ink to soften the color a bit. The pumpkins are mounted up on stampin' dimensionals. The title was also cut with the big shot using the go-go boots alphabet die set. I adhered it to the page with a 2 way glue pen.


Here is a closer look at those pumpkins. I think they are soooo cute!










Doing these scrappin' saturdays sure have upped my creative outlet...and I sure am enjoying it!!!

1 comment:

Tiffany's Epiphanies said...

I love the pumpkins you made!