Thursday, November 20, 2008

I have warned all of you......

....That I am a scrap hoarder! Ever wonder what you can do with 1 inch square blocks of designer series paper???? Do any of you out there quilt??? I know some of my club girls do...... I have dabbled in some quilting. I have never machine pieced anything together, I have hand pieced together a few quilt tops. I have hand quilted a few baby quilts, pillows, wall hangings and the such. Maybe I need to get back into it...in my free time....huh? lol!

I think I may have just found my "new thing." Making this type of card was fun, fun, fun!!! I made a bigger deal out of it than I probably would have needed to....but we will get into that tomorrow...I will give you a tutorial of what to do....ok? Today...you can just look at the candy.....


The card base is old olive. I stamped it with the twill background stamp. I absolutely love this background stamp!!! It is the best stamp, in my opinion, to give card stock a slight look of texture....luv it!!!! I then made my quilt of scraps from the Holiday treasures designer series papers. We will get into the mechanics of this tomorrow. I used a sentiment from the level 1 hostess stamp set, Best Yet. I inked it up with stampin' write markers in old olive, chocolate chip and ruby red before stamping it onto whisper white card stock. I punched it out with the designer label punch and it was a perfect fit into the label holder from the styled silver hodgepodge hardware collection.


Are you wondering how there is only one ribbon end???? I punched a hole in the "quilt" where the right hand side brad would go. I threaded the riding hood red taffeta ribbon through that hole and adhered it to the back of the quilt with sticky strip. I then took the remaining end and wrapped it around the card and then through the brad hole on the left from the bottom and secured it with a styled silver brad. a little clever??? Just a little???? I thought at the time I was really onto something...but seeing it now....maybe it wasn't so clever....LOL!!!

No comments: