Monday, November 3, 2008

Oh, sweet half an hour....

....before my daughter woke up today!! My eyes were the first ones to pop open this morning....I rolled over to look at the clock....it was 6:22......I CAN STAMP!!!! My little one is still sleeping soundly in her room.....I CAN STAMP!!!!! This time change has her little body a little confused.....I CAN STAMP!!!!! WHOOOHOOOO........I CAN STAMP!!!!!! (for fun, that is....) :)


I have been wanting to make a sunset card with Inspired by Nature arrived at my door step via Mr. Brown....and it has been a while, let me tell you. I have had this set since my first order of this catalog...and this is the first I have used it. It is a stamping sin, I know! Please don't beat me!!! I have wanted to use it.....honestly, I have! I am so embarrased...{blush} You know...I don't even have to tell you this?!?!? LOL!


Anyway...wanna see it????


I first punched a 1 3/8th inch circle on a sticky note, being careful to punch where there was "sticky." I layed my sun where I wanted it and started to sponge!!! And I mean sponge!!! A lot of sponging!!!! Get the picture??? lol! Here are the colors I used, in this order: summer sun, more mustard, tangerine tango, riding hood red. I got that looking just how I wanted it and then took off my sun mask. Holy bright sun dinah!!! A stark white sun in a sun set wasn't cutting it!!! So I pulled out another sponge....lol.....and sponged barely banana over the sun to tone it down. OK....I'm happy now.... Next, I stamped the tall grass with basic black...here is where the card lost depth. Hmmm.... So I pulled out another sponge and sponged basic black around the edges, heavier on the bottom.....Oh yeah....there it is! That is better!


Now for the sentiment??? Where would I put that? I don't want to cover any of my sunset. I don't want to cover my sun...lol!! What about ribbon....gotta have ribbon, right??? Well, I decided against all of that stuff! I am a total rebel today! I will use this card as a general greeting card...I can stamp a sentiment inside when I need it. Or I will use it just as a note card to send to friends that live out of state. Or I will hoard it...because that is usually what I do...LOL!!!


Oh yeah...I forgot to mention. I matted the main image with a 1/8th inch mat of basic black and had a card base of tangerine tango.


Now...I have to use that gorgeous cone flower.....Did I mention that I love this set? Now that it has seen ink...I may never put it down! LOL!!!


Ok...you stampers out there...GO STAMP!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a beautiful card. Early morning stamping works for you!! Paris

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!!!