Saturday, November 1, 2008

Scrappin' Saturday 6

Week 6??? Wow...I am impressed!!! lol!
I sure hope you aren't tired of Felt Flurries....because I can't stop using them!! As a matter of fact, I got these pictures reprinted in black and white because I wanted to scrap with the flurries....do you think I have a sickness???? lol!

Here is the spread:


The base is baja breeze textured card stock....Now....If you aren't using our textured card stock in scrapping or card making, you don't know what you are missing! I didn't warm up to it when Stampin' Up! first released it....but now....I {luv} it!!! The designer series paper is from Ski Slope...beautiful!!!! And of course, the felt flurries from the holiday mini catalog. I used both the Big Felt Flurries and layered them with the largest flake in the Little Felt Flurries. There are three different sizes in the little Felt Flurries....can't go wrong with these!!


This is the left hand page. I matted the pictures with riding hood red card stock. I also stamped "winter" from everyday flexible phrases in whisper white craft ink across the top of my designer series paper panel.










You have to get a better picture at the felt flurries layer....
I adhered them together with the large clear rhinestone brads from the pretties kit...love this!!! this gives you a closer look at the "winter" also. What a cute little way to add color in a small way! There are so many phrases in that set...I will definitely do this a lot more!!! Why hadn't I thought of this in the past????









Now....The right hand page. I double matted the larger picture with riding hood red and baja blue. This is one of my most favorite pictures of her that I have taken. I don't know why.....I just love this picture....her little facial expression is just priceless. Sorry you can't see it....I am paranoid that way. Call me old fashioned....lol!! I also stamped "winter" down the right hand side of the page like I did on the other side. My journaling block is whisper white. It is butted up against the inner edge of this page. My hand writing isn't the best but I am an "old school scrapper" I guess. Someday, I hope my daughter can appreciate my hand writing in her scrapbooks and in my recipe box. More felt flurries....surprise, surprise! lol!
See my title? It is so sparkly in real life. These are chipboard letters from On Board Lots of Letters. I sure hope that Stampin' Up! gives us a letter die set this size. Are you reading this Stampin' Up!???? lol!!! I took a sponge dauber and inked the letters up with whisper white craft ink and embossed them with irredescent ice embossing powder and my heat tool. I then adhered them with tombo mono multi adhesive.
Well....another day in my daughter's album and out of my "box." I do have a terrible fear that I will meet my demise and be so far behind in her scrapbooks. To me, this is one of the best material gifts I can ever give her....I want her to realize her simple day to day things as well as holidays and birthdays. Now...if I would just remember to get the camera out when she is sassing me or screaming about something....LOL!!!


No comments: