Monday, January 28, 2008

Are you ready to Sale a Brate?



I know I sure am! I made a few cards today using the Sale A Bration set - Birthday Whimsy. I really think this set is extremely versatile! You can earn it absolutely free by making a $50 purchase of Stampin' Up! products from February 1 - March 17. I love free stamps!!!! :)


Anywho...back to the card...hehe!


I started with a base of sage shadow card stock....I really neglect this color. And you know what??? When I finished this card, I was like "I really like this color!" Funny how that happens, huh? I sponged the base with sage shadow ink to give it depth.


The vertical panel is rose red, sponged...of course. And I matted that with basic black. When you layout your projects and the colors seem to be "blah" (for a lack of better words....lol!) try to layer them in basic black or chocolate chip. I do both of those a lot. I then tied a simple knot around that with basic black 1/4 inch grosgrain ribbon...but wait....here is you tip for the day: before tying the second knot to secure it, lay a piece of coordinating ribbon in the knot. Here - black gingham ribbon. What an awesome way to use little scraps. Did I ever tell you that I do not throw away ANY ribbon bigger than around 1 1/2 inch? This is a great use for those little scraps. I am a hoarder, I tell you!


The main image panel was created by stamping the present from Birthday Whimsy in sage shadow, rose red and apricot appeal in a random sort of row on whisper white card stock and then stamping each of those again on whisper white scraps. I cut out the gifts only on the scrap gifts and adhered them to the main panel with stampin' dimensionals. And I matted that in basic black also.


For the sentiment, I stamped "happy birthday" from Birthday Whimsy in basic black onto apricot appeal and matted that on basic black. (see a pattern here...haha!) I adhered that to my main image panel.


Want two tips today?????

I adhered that main image panel using two different adhesives. WHAT??!??!?! I know what you are thinking...."she did what????"

I used SNAIL on the right side and stampin' dimensionals on the right. This is soooooo subtle but it will make your main image panel straighter since there are two layers of card stock on the left and none on the right......are you beginning to think I have real problems here? Maybe a little ocd? Only in my creating...I promise! lol!

No comments: