Thursday, January 31, 2008

Celebrate....or is it Sale A Brate?



Tomorrow is the big day....the beginning of Sale A Bration! It is such an exciting time of the year. Stampin' Up! rewards us with free stamps for making purchases that we make!


Today's card comes because I am trying to build up my card stash that can be used for anybody, inculding men and teen boys. I tried to keep the design simple without a lot of frills...I think I accomplished that task.


The card base it old olive. I stamped the dots from Big Bold Birthday along one edge in old olive. I find myself pulling out that stamp set more and more for the "extra" elements in it, above and beyond the cupcake.

The panel on the left was taken right from Bali Breezes Designer Series Papers. I really like the patterns in this set of papers...very versatile. The scallop edge was made by using my corner rounder and chocolate chip card stock. Even though it is scallops...it is in chocolate chip...so it can still me manly, right? hehe!


My main image panel was stamped with the word "celebrate" from Celebrate Everything. I used my stampin write markers in old olive, pumpkin pie and brocade blue to ink up each letter. "time to" is also in that same set, I inked it up in chocolate chip and lined it up with my stamp a ma jig to ensure good alignment. That panel was matted in brocade blue.


This was very simple...this card could be modified in any color scheme and frilled up if you so choose.


I could see the card done in pinks, browns and vanilla with wide grosgrain ribbon tied around the side panel with a stick pin beaded up through the knot to girly it up.


To bling it up...maybe take the two way glue pen and use the new cosmo glitter to bring out each letter in the sentiment in a plum, celery and pink color family.


Get the picture???? Make this same exact card lots of ways. Did I mention that I used my cosmo glitter last night for the first time? That glitter is so fine and silky. It is absolutely gorgeous! I can't show you the project just yet...it is my door prize for my stamp camp this Friday...we are making cook books. I really love my sample book! I'll post that too after the camp.

No comments: