Monday, January 14, 2008

Spreadin' the love......

Hi All!!!
Thank you for stopping by! I created two cards to show you today. I intended for both to be used for Valentine's Day but they both could be modified with various sentiments for any occasion really.

This first card was done for an online challenge to create a card with a heart pocket. I initially wanted to leave the pocket open to use for a gift card to be slid into but then I got to stamping...then punching...then sponging....and well...you know what happens next! I decided to fill that pocket with a bouquet of flowers. I stamped the five petal flower from Ginormous Flowers in pretty in pink, rose red, and purely pomegranate. I then punched them out with my 5 Petal Flower Punch.

What did you ask????
When did Stampin' Up! start selling white brads?

Well...they don't! So I dug in......I pulled out a gold brad...but really wanted to use a white one. (I am stomping my feet, huffing and puffing.....) I inked that gold brad with versamark ink and dipped it into my white detail emboss powder and held the prongs with a pair or tweezers (VERY IMPORTANT!!!!! brad gets very hot when embossed!) and embossed it with my heat tool...while it was still warm, I dipped it again in the emboss powder and embossed again, repeat. I was soooo proud of myself.....I love white brads and now I can make my own! The heart pocket was made from Designer Series Paper in Rose Red. All of my pieces are sponged with stampin' sponges in close to cocoa ink.

See all that dimension in those flowers...I used a combination of SNAIL adhesive, stampin' dimensionals and pop up glue dots (the really thick sticky ones). For the lower portion of the heart pocket, I took a pop up glue dot and folded it in half and adhered the lower flap so it would hold the dimension.

The card base is purely pomegranate layered with pretty in pink and then close to cocoa. I punched the close to cocoa layer with my beloved ticket corner punch...can't hardly get enough of that punch! On the fold side, I ran a piece of double stitched purely pomegranate ribbon with the double stitch pulled out around it and tied in a simple knot.

The sentiment is from Holiday's and Wishes stamped in purely pomegranate.

On for the next card today....after I created that one with so many layers I wanted to prove to myself that I could do a card with no layers.....I can do it! Right?
Here it is:
The card base is kraft...I love that card stock, I don't know why I don't use it more!
I then took the sentiment from Wonderful Words and stamped it in purely pomegranate. I really like the cursive font...maybe someone will think I actually write like that. Well, a girl can hope can't she????? (grin)

I want to show you the piercing up close....
I took my piercing tool from the tool kit and my thick mat from the mat pack and freehand pierced my own vine design.
I then pulled out my very neglected Three For You Punch Box and punched some flowers in pretty in pink, rose red, and purely pomegranate. I then put a silver brad in each one of those and adhered then to the vine with mini glue dots. To finish it off, I decided on a bundle of ribbon instead of a bunch of flowers in the corner. I adhered that ribbon with pop up glue dots.

Well...that is all I have for you today....what do you think?

No comments: