Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Thanks for new goodies!

Can you believe Sale A Bration is in 2 days....2 DAYS!!!!!



My card today isn't from a Sale A Bration set, though. I made today's card for an online sketch challenge. I have been wanting to use my Jumbo Outline Alphabet in this style since I bought them...last catalog. They were screaming for me long enough...today was the day we would play!





I started with a base of certainly celery and I took my paper trimmer and bone folder and scored in 1/2 inch from the edges to create a frame. I don't know if you can see it in the picture...but it looks really neat in real life. my next panel is rose red card stock wheeled with my See You Around Jumbo Wheel with rose red ink. I matted that onto basic black. I know what you are thinking....I was thinking it myself when I was creating this card...."Now she is stuck on matting everything in basic black"....I guess I am. I seem to take cycles in what I like to do....do you do that when you make your projects?



My next panel is cameo coral. I stamped "thanks" from Jumbo Outline Alphabet with cameo coral. To fill in the overlapping space on the letters (I did do this on purpose), I took my blender pen and colored in those spaces with cameo coral ink. That was matted on basic black also. I adhered that to my card front with stampin' dimensionals.








Here is where I go back to my resolution this year - to use my accessories and not hoard them! I created this flower medallion one layer at a time. I started with a piece of whisper white card stock punched with my scallop circle punch and then I pierced the scallops. I never did this before...but I do like it. Maybe my next "thing???" The next layer is two loops of black gingham ribbon adhered to the scallop with mini glue dots. Here is where the "fun" starts. I took out one of my new rose red felt flowers from the Flower Fusion Accents & Elements tin. OH MY......I LOVE THESE FLOWERS!!!!! They were on my first order from this cattie and I have to come clean...I was hoarding them. I am like a hoarding addict that had to get a little bit more hoarding in with out anybody knowing. hehehehe! Anyway...enough making fun of me. lol! I stamped the flower trio from One of a Kind in cameo coral and punched them out with my new Boho Blossoms Punch. My next hoarded supply comes from the Ice Rhinestone Round Brads....a celery brad for the center. I held my two flowers together with that brad and then adhered that bunch to the ribbon layer with a pop up glue dot. I took that entire medallion and adhered it to my sentiment panel with...you guessed it...stampin' dimensionals.



Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think of today's card. Be gentle...I have "soft feelings." hahaha! I don't really.... :)



edited to add: One of a Kind is not availabe for purchase at this time, I will post a memo as soon as Stampin' Up! has it available. Sorry if this has unconvenienced you in any way. The punch is also great by itself, without stamping the flowers.

No comments: