Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sail on in for some bithday fun!

I made this card for three reasons...one for a color challenge that was posted for today:

1. to use real red, blue bayou and soft sky

2. I need a birthday card for my cousin's little boy that will be turning one

3. I wanted to use a nursery set to make something other than baby cards.

What do you think? Did I meet all of my criteria?





We'll start with the card base...real red. That was easy, right? lol!

Next I took piece of blue bayou and stamped the little star from Nursery Necessities in blue bayou all over in a random pattern. I next stamped my sentiment "happy birthday" from Stem Sayings in basic black. I used this sentiment because it is a wavy design.










Now for that main image:

I inked up the sail boat from Nursery Necessities in blue bayou and before stamping I took my real red stampin' write marker and inked up the little flag. After stamping that on to whisper white I stamped the boat again on a piece of scrap whisper white in soft sky and cut out the two sails in one piece. To make some definition on the image, I took my basic black stampin' write journaler and used the 0.6 side to draw lines around the image and make little stitch marks. I adhered the sails up on stampin' dimensionals. I matted that entire piece onto real red and then soft sky. i wanted to off set the upper corner so I pulled the black from the stitching and made a simple knot and adhered it to the back of the main image panel with mini glue dots. I mounted the main panel onto stampin' dimensionals also.



I also think this card could be easily transformed into a little boy's valentine card by simply changing the sentiment and using the small heart stamp from the Big Bold Birthday stamp set. What do you think?

2 comments:

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

THis is absolutely adorable! So cute!

rozie640 said...

Adorable card, love the stitching!