Friday, January 11, 2008

A valentine for a special boy....and a punch tip!

When I sat down to make this card...to be honest...I wasn't sure where I wanted it to go. I wanted to do something for a little boy...maybe a birthday....maybe a valentine...maybe a "no reason card".....


I pulled out Wild About You. I really like this set for kiddos. I think it makes nice baby cards as well as nice cards for older kids. It can be birthday or another holiday if used with the right accessories, I think. For what I know about it ;).


Sometimes I put lots of "stuff" on a card, use lots of techniques, use tons of stamps, use designer series papers and on this one I just wanted to do some straight stamping, not to overdo anything. With all that said...here it is:


The card base is wild wasabi (This color is growing on me very quick!!!!!! I am really liking it!) I stamped the upper portion of the card base with the larger random dot stamp from Itty Bitty Backgrounds and the circle/dot from Priceless randomly in wild wasabi ink. I stamped "wild about you" in basic black in the lower corner. The horizontal panel is so saffron matted in basic black. the so saffron layer in wheeled with See You Around Jumbo Wheel in so saffron. The main image is the cute alligator from Wild About You stamped on whisper white in wild wasabi ink. I pulled out my 1 3/8 inch circle punch and I know....that poor alligator! I punched his head off! See those wiggly eyes? I had them laying around from some other craft project. I adhered them to the alligator's eyes with crystal effects. Cute, huh? I then pulled out my beloved scallop circle punch and punched a piece of blue bayou.


See that black matt under the scallop circle?


Here is your tip: The circle was made out of punching two tabs from the round tab punch and layering them perpendicular to each other forming a perfect circle! That punch was meant to frame that scallop punch, I just know it! :) You all know I love to make the most uses out of my tools....like scalloping with my 3/16 inch corner rounder....hehehe!.......and here is another use for this wonderful punch!


Before I adhered the main image to the horizontal panel I took two pieces of black gingham ribbon and folded them in half and adhered them to the card forming 2 v shapes. Mount the alligator circle stack and you're done!

No comments: