Friday, January 4, 2008

I'm Embracing Life....again :)

Here is another creation using my new favorite...Embrace Life. I love using this set and I hope you love it too!





The main image and side panel were created in the same format as this card: http://stampsalot.blogspot.com/2008/01/embrace-meyou-sweet-embrace-able-you.html





Then they were both matted onto Groovy Guava and Basic Black. I'm telling you....this Groovy Guava is really becoming a favorite of mine!





The card base is...you guessed it...Groovy Guava. The background panel is from the new Designer Series Prints....Ginger Blossom....LOVE IT! I matted that onto Basic Black. When I was laying out this card the colors were all kind of getting lost in each other. Do you ever feel that way? That your colors just aren't "popping out" as much as you were thinking they would? Try small mats of Basic Black...I always fall back on it and love it every time!





I tied my ribbon around my background panel before I adhered it to the card base. What to you ask? "Is that new ribbon?" No...It is Double Stitched Groovy Guava Ribbon with the white stitches pulled out. I really like the texture that this gives...the tiny little holes remain in the ribbon without any white coloring.





Here it is close up:








I then adhered the long panel over the ribbon and put my main image up onto Stampin' Dimensionals.





That's it....what do you think? I was pleased with my final result.

1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

Very pretty. Isn't Embrace Life just the best new set! I love it and your cards really show the versitility. Great idea with the ribbon, might have to try that sometime. :)