Friday, October 24, 2008

Blogger's Challenge - week 70

Hi Stampers!

This week's Blogger's Challenge was to create something that you would give as a gift. I saw this candle the other day while picking up picture that I was getting developed and I knew what I wanted to do with it. I know I just said last week that I wasn't going to get any more pictures developed until I had the ones scrapped that were already developed....but I couldn't help myself! I really wanted to use my brand new just jawing stamp set and do a Halloween layout....I am so weak!! But that isn't why were are here today.... Let's deal with the task at hand.


The candle smells so good....my craft space smells so good just having the wrapper in the garbage!
My Join in the Cheer decorative strip die has been sadly neglected. I have a bunch of ideas, I just don't seem to get them executed. This die is a perfect border for scrapbook pages, it will make a really nice framed accent for the holidays - I will try to make that next. You can cut the words apart to use on your cards, scrapbooks or tags.
Anyway, I cut a strip of very vanilla, I backed that with a piece of baja breeze that had been scalloped on one side with my scallop edge punch. I wrapped those pieces around the candle and adhered them to each other. hint: adhesive does not stick well to candle wax...lol! I ran the join in the cheer die through my big shot cutting a perfect sentiment out of kiwi kiss. I did have to cut the word "cheer" off of the back though, it was too long for this candle. I adhered that to the vanilla panel with tombo mono multi adhesive. What did I do before this stuff???? I wanted to scatter some felt flurries around the panel so I pierced a hole through the layers into the candle with my piercing tool. I placed gold brads through the felt flurries and just pierced the brad into the candle. So easy to remove and reuse! I really love these felt flurries!!!

13 comments:

Lisa Bohler said...

Very pretty! What a great way to use that die cut!

Selene Kempton said...

This is so pretty! I love the idea of decorating a candle with the sizzix die.

Nikki Bond said...

Wow! Your candle is stunning! What a wonderful gift! {SMILES}

Patti Chesky said...

This is beautiful. I almost made a candle too!

Marcia @ Pretty Things said...

What beautiful colours you have used here, love the striking colour of the candle.

:) Marcia

Barb Hardeman said...

Wow! This is just beautiful, I can almost smell that candle from here! A beautiful gift indeed...

Lori said...

Great idea for using that die cut! So pretty!

Ida said...

Very pretty. The die cut goes great on the candle.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Perfect use for this decorative strip!

Anonymous said...

Great use for that die! Very pretty candle! :)

Kristen said...

Great candle. You made itt gorgous

Kimberly Gajewski said...

So very pretty Regina! You did a wonderful job decorating this candle! :D

Chrissy D said...

WOW! I love the beauty of this. So simple yet sooo lovely! Great gift idea! TFS!