Saturday, October 18, 2008

Scrappin' Saturday 4

Wow....I am four 2 page layouts further in my daughter's scrapbook than I would have been if I weren't doing this challenge to myself!!! I couldn't get a good 2 page spread picture, so I will have to show it to you in left and right pages.

You know.....I am all over the place with my scrap booking lately. I used to scrap chronologically...ONLY....but lately...I scrap what ever I feel like. lol!! A lot of times when I transfer my memory cards to my computer, I usually get around 100 pictures printed out from various events. So needless to say...I have dates all over the place to scrap. I have resolved to myself not to get any more printed until I get the ones scrapped that I have printed out already.

How do you scrap?

You know...."they" say that if you are really behind, you should scrap current and then go back to the past as you have time. I should take that approach...but then that would go against my resolve....lol!!!

Anyway...with that off my chest...I come to you with Easter pages! Easter Egg hunt pages, actually....not even real Easter day pages!

Here is the left hand side:

The base is so saffron. The designer series paper is the same retired package I used on week 1, flowers for you. These papers are so girly that I have to use them for her scrapbook...that is why I bought them actually. Remember....I did say that I might use retired goodies here...but you can definitely substitute current papers for your layouts. This is the problem with not scrapping current....in the next catalog there will be heaps of springy things, I'm sure....that is why we have two catalogs per year....but I am a free spirit of sorts, so I make do! lol!!!


I matted all of the pictures with whisper white. The main picture on this side of the page also is matted with pixie pink. The designer series paper strips on both sides along the top is adorned with whisper white punched with the scallop edge punch. Along the bottom, between the two rows, I spaced out holes with my mat pack and piercer and adhered pixie pink flowers punched with the three for you punch with "altered brads." Remember when I told you how to make white brads...since Stampin' Up! doesn't sell them.....wonder why not???? Anyway....click here to learn how to make your own white brads.

See that adorable flower accent with the chick???
I pulled out the largest flower from the pretties kit and dyed it to match my project with lavender lace ink and a sponge dauber. I just pulled the dauber from the center outward. I wanted a flower that still had some white in it...not completely one color. I love this about the pretties kit flowers...we can totally customize them to our project. I adhered it to the page with a brad. The little chick is from A Good Egg. I jumped on this set right away because it is definitely a good one for card making and scrap booking.....cute!


I stamped the chick onto whisper white with jet black staz on. I colored in the egg shell with my pretty in pink stampin' write marker. The chick was colored with barely banana and his little beak was colored with apricot appeal. I cut him out with my hobby blade and cutting mat. Now the fun part....blinging him up!!! I used my 2 way glue pen and dazzling diamonds to spruce him up! He was adhered to the center of the flower with a pop up glue dot ( one of the thick gooey ones....) You like?

Now the title.
I was going to use my new sizzix dies but then decided to do something a little different. I pulled out more paper from that same pack and stamped the word "hunt" with versamark ink and embossed it with clear embossing powder and the heat tool. I then cut the letters out. It is hard to see in this picture, but it is a cool look in real life. I accented it with a little flower like the ones along the bottom of the pages.


I can see myself doing this type of stamping lots more in the future. It really adds visual interest to the usual solid color titles, don't you think?

Now onto the right hand side of the 2 page spread.

It is pretty much all the same as the other side color wise except one main photo is matted in pixie pink and one is matted with lavender lace.

This color scheme went so well with my daughter's dress even though there wasn't a bit of yellow in it.

See the egg accents? Those were so fun to create!!!


The stamp set has a large open image egg with lots of different stamps to adorn it with.


I stamped two eggs onto whisper white with jet
black staz on.


For the one, I stamped the zig zag band in the middle. For the other, I stamped the flower/open circle stamp multiple times. I colored them in with stampin' write markers - barely banana, pretty in pink and lavender lace. They had to be blinged up too! I used my 2 way glue pen on the lavender lace part of the right egg and covered it with dazzling diamonds. The left egg, I just put dazzling diamonds on the pink flowers. The lavender lace egg is mounted on stampin' dimensionals.
Boy....I type alot, huh??? I hope you are enjoying Scrappin' Saturdays. I sure am enjoying doing them. If you are behind in your scrap booking, I urge you to try to tackle it just like I am. One week at a time....one layout at a time. It is very liberating to be getting some pages done.
Now, Go Scrap!

No comments: