Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Want something tasty???

HI Stampers!

Sorry for the lack of posting.....I just can't seem to get into "my time." Now I did get to get a card, or two, stamped today. I pulled the inspiration from a layout challenge for today. I really wanted to ink up my new set, Tasty Sweet. It is categorized as Halloween, but I have some visions of candy for any reason with this stamp set.....now to get them out of my little head! lol!!
My card base is pumpkin pie. The background panel is designer series paper, Ghostly Greetings...it is really a nice paper pack! I broke down and finally ordered, well earned for free, Just Jawing. I can't wait for it to get here to pair up with some more of this paper! Did you read I "earned it free?" That's right....if you host a show/workshop/club/order that totals $350 or more, you can select a stamp set out of the catalog sampler, FREE!!!!! I have been eyeing up Just Jawing since the new cattie came out.....I think it will make sweet embellishments for scrap booking, great Halloween gift bags, gift tags for teens, great card fronts, the list can go on and on...skulls are very hot right now.....not just for Halloween!!!!

Oh, back to the card....lol!!!

That background panel was accented by layering two photo corners from the photo corner punch in basic black and kiwi kiss. i {luv} kiwi kiss ;) The sentiment, from tasty sweet, was inked with kiwi kiss and then inked with stampin' write markers in basic black and pumpkin pie. I stamped that onto whisper white. It was matted onto kiwi kiss stamped with a circle stamp from tasty sweet in kiwi kiss. I matted that entire panel onto basic black and tied a simple knot with black gingham ribbon.

Did you see my candies????


The candy corn was inked up with kiwi kiss, pumpkin pie, and apricot appeal. The two wrapped candies are inked up with pumpkin pie and kiwi kiss. the edges are sponged with tangerine tango and old olive, respectively before stamping. The center swirl was stamped with tangerine tango and old olive. I wanted them to shine......so........I took out my versamark pen and colored in the image and embossed them with clear embossing powder! cute, huh? I adhered them with stampin' dimensionals....and that about sums it up!

Thanks for stopping by today, I appreciate it more than you know.

No comments: