Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I got to stamp.....Just for fun!!!

Hi Stampers!!!

I got to stamp a little this morning,just for my pleasure. So I pulled out today's online sketch challenge. Doesn't it look fun???? I really liked the three square elements.



Wanna see my take on this layout?



But, before I got to stamp....My daughter saw the snow!!! She said she had to go out and eat some! Gross, huh? oh well..... So we bundled up and went out so she could frolic in it. Yes...at 7:30 in the morning...we are outside tossing snow around!!!! She threw a few snowballs...ate a few snowballs....tried to catch some flakes...and just plain walked around in it! She doesn't even have her winter boots yet...we just put on her mud boots and had at it!









Even though I liked the square elements...I used round!!! LOL!!! My card base is kiwi kiss. The bottom panle is from the Patterns Designer Series Papers in Riding hood Red. I won an assortment of 6x6 designer series papers from my up-up-up-upline, Janet Wakeland, and this is where this paper came from. I recently offered a 6x6 assortment of designer series papers with a purchase at a stamp camp because I loved getting this package myself. It gave me an opportunity to use papers that I don't have...yet! ;) lol!

My sentiment is from Cardinal Christmas and it was stamped with chocolate chip ink. I wrapped riding hood red satin ribbon around the edge of the designer sreies paper and tied it in a simple knot with a snipit of the double sided satin ribbon - kiwi kiss/vanilla. I love the edges on both of these ribbons!!!

My deer friends medallions are four layers thick. Starting in the back: a chocolate chip scallop circle from the scallop circle punch; a kiwi kiss 1 3/8 inch circle punch; deer friends stamp, from dear friends, stamped in riding hood red and punched with the 1 1/4 circle punch; next is the same stamp in chocolate chip punched with the 1 inch circle punch. I mounted up the chocolate chip deer on stampin' dimensionals. To add a little sparkle, I used my tombo mono multi adhesive to adhere some red chunky glitter to the nose. It is more sparkly in real life.





Don't you just love this little stamp??? The deer is soooo cute!! If you would like 2 chances to win this stamp set...register for my giftable stamp camps. I will be giving away one at each camp!!!

1 comment:

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh Reg - this is such a CUTE card - and your dd looks like she is having a blast frolicking in the snow! We have no snow here YET - but it will be coming! btw - LOVE YOUR card! TFS!