Saturday, October 25, 2008

Scrappin' Saturday 5

Hey Stampers!!
I have been cranking out scrapbook pages this week amidst all my other prepping for last night's stamp camp. Well....2 2-page spreads actually...but that is "cranking out" to me. I am a slow scrapper. I do too much fussing I guess, but it probably doesn't show that I work hours on a spread to the common person. I will show you both 2 page spreads this week....and if I have to skip a week...consider yourself paid in advance! LOL!!!!!

Here is the first spread that I completed this week....I am really happy with it!!! Most of you are full into football season, cheer leading, soccer....we are in full swing with my daughter's bowling league. This layout uses pictures from January ( it was her banquet for the first season - Oct-Dec 2007). We put her into bowling for several reasons....but my main reasons, personally, was I wanted her to have something that made her learn to take turns with their kids, and to have more interaction with kids. The first season was pretty painful for me...I must admit. She really didn't get it - how to roll the ball down the lane. Almost every ball had to be pushed down for her...she really was all over the place with her thoughts, it was hard to keep her focused on the bowling lanes. But she is in her third session (2nd year) this year and so far, it has been so much better. She was only two her first two sessions....so I shouldn't have expected too much. Let me tell you..this year is so much better, we don't even have to walk up to the alley with her...she takes her ball and walks up there and gives it a heave. Now, it isn't the fastest ball that rolls down the alley, but it gets there on its own, mostly. Well, I am getting really off track here....I wanted to keep this post short because there are so many pictures to share.


It is hard to see in these pictures...the base is textured chocolate chip. I guess I shouldn't have taken it on a black background. Also hard to see in the pictures are what I stamped on the background. I wanted a round element...you know to "roll" with the bowling ball thing. I don't have any circle stamps...I have lots of flowers....but I didn't really want a flower. And then, like it was meant to be, my eyes went down to my big deal alphabet and the "O" stamp was the first thing I saw. PERFECT!!! The O in that alphabet is a perfect circle!!! I stamped it a few times randomly on the bases with chocolate chip ink. The patterned paper is from the designer series pack, Sweet Always. What is not to like about pink, brown and orange????

Here is a closer look at the left hand side:
I made the bowling pins and bowling balls myself. I was going to buy some "J-Boutique 3 Dimensional" bowling pins a few weeks ago at Mike's...but then thought for $4 I can make my own...they will match my project and I can make them any size I want to...and for pennies!!!


How did I do? I hand drew one bowling pin and cut it out and used it as a stencil to cut these out. The bowling ball was cut with the colluzzle and I punched three holes in it with my 1/4 inch circle punch and backed it with chocolate chip card stock to fill the finger holes. The title was cut with my big shot and the go-go boots alphabet. I accented the left panel with two knots of chocolate chip ribbon. The pumpkin pie buttons are "threaded" with slivers of chocolate chip card stock. Everything on both pages is sponged with creamy carmel ink.

Here is the right hand page:

One thing she and I have always said towards the ball while bowling is "knock down my pins!!!" So I stamped that out with a retired mini alphabet set, rough edges alphabet, and put it in the center of her bowling.

Ok....Now onto the next layout....my "paying you in advance" layout! LOL!!!

The whole family, practically, camped where my Grandma and Aunt camp during the summer one weekend. It was a real nice family get together weekend. . It happened to be the weekend that the campground was celebrating Halloween. So all of the kids dressed up and went trick or treating around the camp sites. My daughter loved it!! We were the last ones back to the camp site...she didn't want to quit!

The bases are tangerine twist textured card stock. The upper panels of designer series paper is from ghostly greetings. Kiwi kiss and tangerine twist couldn't have been a better match for my daughter's clown suit! I stamped along the bottom with the trio of stars from just jawing. Let's get right to it...
Here is the left hand page:

The date is adhered to a key tag punch of confetti cream. The date is cut from go-go boots alphabet die set and the big shot. I punched holes in it to thread my 1/4 inch basic black grosgrain ribbon through it. The candies, from tasty sweet, are stamped with lavender lace, tangerine twist and kiwi kiss. I embossed the candy centers with iridescent ice embossing powder...it gives them just a hint or sparkle.
the right hand page:
I used the same candy as I did on the other side. I adhered a piece of tangerine twist striped grosgrain ribbon to the picture with a black brad from the vintage brad set. See that adorable skull and cross bones??? I don't know what it is about the set just jawing....but I love it!! I stamped it with basic black onto whisper white and cut it out. I then took tombo mono multi adhesive and filled in the eyes and one tooth and then poured on the clear chunky glitter. A skeleton must have a blinged sweet tooth on Halloween, I think. To "girl" it up a little....I stamped the bow, also from just jawing, with tangerine twist. I cut it out and adhered it with stampin dimensionals.
Well, tell me...have I out done myself this week? lol!









1 comment:

Kimberly Gajewski said...

You make the cutest scrapbooking pages Regina! Wonderful layouts! :D